Walk for homeless families
Because every child deserves a home
The annual "Walk for Homeless Families" is Family Promise of Shawnee's singular fundraising event. The September "Walk" provides an opportunity for members of the community to come together and as an individual, group or family, church or business, walk to raise awareness and funds to support our mission.
Activities are held at the Day Center
39604 Independence, Shawnee, OK
8:30 a.m. Registration begins
9:30 a.m. Walk begins
11:00 a.m. Event concludes
Inflatables, face painting and more will be available for the kids. Bring the entire family to this fun and special event!
The Purpose of the Walk is:
- to raise community awareness about the mission of Family Promise
- to raise funds for the continuation of the program
- to bring a sense of community and caring for one day, and to share in the joy of one another's company
- to highlight all of the "good works" and outcomes of this program
There are four types of teams that can be assembled for the walk:
- categorical (group of individuals who combine efforts)
Traveling trophies will be awarded for one year to the corporate, church and categorical teams that raise the most funds for the Walk. The individual with the most funds raised will be recognized with a plaque.
enter the t-shirt design contest for the
2017 walk for families! (participants must be in 6th-12th grade)
Contest will run from June 15th - July 15th!
Submit your design along with your entry form at: